Guide to Playing Online 3D Slots 2019
Internet casino gaming is a fluid and ever-changing industry, and one that is fuelled by continuing innovations in technology. As the capabilities of laptops, mobile phones and tablets increase, so too do the possibilities available to the industry’s leading creative thinkers; those software developers beavering away behind closed doors to produce the next generation of premier slot games.
One of the most talked-about innovations in recent times has been the development of 3D slot games, and these look set to be one of the most popular forms of gaming in Canada this year and beyond. Whatever the draw is, one thing seems certain: the technological enhancements mean that players can expect to experience an exciting new era of online 3D slots. Naturally, a raft of 3D casino sites has emerged in anticipation of this hot new gaming trend, and later in this article these will be assessed to reveal which of the new breed of 3D slot sites are worthy of punters’ time and money!
Top Rated 3D Slots 2019
The 3D slots listed below are the kinds of games which players return to time after time, and that may simply be due to the quality of the gameplay, the generosity of the main game/bonus feature payouts, or simply because the theme is so captivating that players can’t help but get involved. With those caveats in mind, here are the most popular 3D slots games currently available:
- Jack and the Beanstalk
- Gonzo’s Quest
- Jimi Hendrix
- Guns N’ Roses
- Frankenslot’s Monster
How 3D Slots Work
Human beings see things in three dimensions – life would be pretty dull if it was only in 2D. For more than a decade, high-end games consoles have been producing 3D action, but it has taken a long time for the online slot game world to catch up. The main reason for this delay is producing 2D images is easier, more cost-effective and will suit the needs of most players. That was until the latest raft of laptops, smartphones and tablets hit the market.
More powerful than ever before, these can now handle the visual and processing requirements of 3D technology. 3D slots work in the same way as the traditional favourites, but with the added bonus of outstanding animations and graphics that really bring the action to life. From standard titles to progressive jackpot slots, an ever-growing library of 3D games is becoming available.
Advantages of Online 3D Slots
While punters can enjoy 3D slots offline at their local casino, the real joy comes in online gaming. There are numerous advantages to this both in terms of the gaming experience and the riches on offer:
- Play on the Move | It doesn’t matter where players are – on the sofa, sitting on public transport, waiting in a waiting room – as long as they have a Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection they can enjoy the best 3D slots.
- Easy Payments | Carrying out transactions online is safe, secure and efficient, and beats carrying bags of loose change.
- Options | There are tons of 3D slot games available online, and gamers can play these at any time as they wish. In a brick and mortar casino, there are only a limited number of machines to enjoy.
- No Queue | The local casino may only have a select band of 3D slot machines, and since these are likely to be the most exciting to play, there may be a wait in store for players. Online, punters can play ‘on demand’, wherever and whenever they want.
Comparing 3D Slots vs Classic Online Slots
So what are the key differences between the traditional online slots that are beloved by so many and this new breed of 3D slot games? For ease of comparison, we've laid it out below:
|Features||Traditional Slots||3D Slots|
|Graphics & Animations||Standard 2D graphics and ‘flat’ gameboards.||Animated graphics, immersive side games, easier to use interfaces.|
|Bonus Rounds & Special Features||Video slots offer their bonuses/feature rounds on the same game board with little fanfare.||Improved visuals enhance interactivity of bonus rounds, leading to a more immersive gaming experience.|
|Gameplay||The theme of a 2D slot game can only be taken so far visually.||The new technology can introduce storylines and narratives to slot games, making the experience more engaging.|
|Availability||There is the threat of retro slots becoming obsolete as 3D games become more popular.||As technology increases so will the number of players enjoying 3D slots; these will eventually become the norm.|
Types of 3D Slot Games
The key thing to remember is that 3D slots are in essence the same as video slots. So in that sense, the games available don’t differ all that much based upon the dimension they are presented in:
- Traditional Video Slots | Old favourites, but with a delicious, three-dimensional twist.
- 3-Reel 3D Slots | Go old-school with three-reel slot games that hark back to a bygone age of fruit machines.
- 5-Reel 3D Slots | The standard format these days: more reels + more paylines = happier gamers!
- Bingo Slots | House! Players can still enjoy the hybrid of bingo and slot gaming just with an added third dimension.
- Progressive Slots | Win life-changing sums of money with progressive 3D slots linked to a progressive jackpot that is increasing in size by the day.